Sunday, March 25, 2012

SUBMISSION: FINAL DESIGN

               
             
        Two Galleries with Landscape

                

  Section1 (from left)

 Section2 ( bird's eye view & explaination of two galleries) 

The original sketch of the keyword-protection is a box with different pattern. When I first saw the artwork of Bourgeois, I felt the fear of  her heart, and the thirst of protection. The lack of love and happiness of her childhood might cause the feeling her artwork gives me. So this big box is protecting what she loves and values. When I first make the model, the pattern is exactly the same as the sketch's I drew. But after I saw the gallery of TOYO ITO, I satrt to change it and build a studio inside the gallery. A box-in-box design refer to the keyword---Protection. The glass wall is used in the model, allow people see through the building, just like we can see the feeling through Bourgeois's artworks.


I change a lot of about the underground section. The keyword is Vase, and the original sketch is like a shape of traditional Chinese vase. After I made the first model (see the older posts-sketchup 1), I found it is very difficult to make it a gallery to display artwork, especially AI WEIWEI likes to use big and wide space to show his artwork. So I created a oval and got rid of the top & bottom part of it. The use of a spiral staircase also save the space for displaying the artworks. AI WEIWEI likes to use traditional elements, material in his artworks, such as china, wood, stone, paper, bamboo... ... These material gives me a warm feeling, although he always makes them ironic, sarcasic, so I choose wood, stone & granite in the gallery.



                             the original sketch                                              Bourgeois-Protection / AI WEIWEI-Vase



3D Warehouse: ARCH1101,EXP1,2012,RUOQI GAN

No comments:

Post a Comment